Imagine a career where you’re the eyes and ears of your community, keeping people safe and secure. That’s the life of a CCTV surveillance operator.
As a CCTV operator, you’ll use state-of-the-art technology to monitor live footage from cameras installed in public places, such as businesses, schools, and transportation hubs.
You’ll be responsible for identifying suspicious activity, reporting incidents to security personnel, and providing evidence to law enforcement as needed.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career that allows you to make a difference in your community, a CCTV surveillance job may be right for you. The best part is no formal education requirements to get started.
So, what are the minimum requirements for a CCTV surveillance job in the UK? Here’s a quick overview:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Pass a criminal record check
- Obtain a Security Industry Authority (SIA) CCTV licence
The Minimum Requirements for a Sia CCTV Surveillance Job in The UK!
The minimum requirements for a SIA CCTV surveillance job in the UK are:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Pass the SIA CCTV Operator Training Course and obtain the Level 2 Qualification in CCTV Operations (PSS).
- Have a clean criminal record.
Some employers may also require additional qualifications or experience, such as:
- First aid training.
- Knowledge of fire, health, and safety procedures.
- Experience working in a security environment.
- A full UK manual driving license.
You can contact a registered training provider to get an SIA CCTV Operator Training Course. The course typically covers topics such as:
- CCTV legislation and regulations.
- CCTV equipment and systems.
- CCTV monitoring and recording procedures.
- Incident reporting and response.
Once you have passed the course and obtained your SIA CCTV Operator Training Certificate, you can apply for an SIA CCTV license. You can do this online through the Security Industry Authority (SIA) website.
You can apply for CCTV surveillance jobs once you have your SIA CCTV license. You can find jobs advertised on job boards, through recruitment agencies, or by contacting security companies directly.
Here are some tips for finding a SIA CCTV surveillance job in the UK:
- Ensure your CV and cover letter are tailored to each job you apply for.
- Highlight your relevant skills and experience, including any SIA qualifications you have.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your SIA license and your CCTV systems and procedures knowledge.
- Be professional and reliable in all your communications with potential employers.
This information is helpful. Good luck with your job search!
Our Final Remarks
This job opportunity at BS Security offers a range of responsibilities and opportunities for personal and professional growth. As a trainer, you can train individuals in areas such as door supervision, CCTV, first aid, and AET/PTLLS courses.
Building strong relationships with your students and providing guidance for their career advancement will be essential to your role.
To interact with students effectively, it is essential to have basic computer skills and a good command of English. Additionally, you must be available to work on weekends for SIA trainers.
The workplace locations include North West London, Stratford, Croydon, and Ealing, and the company will provide hotel and transport accommodations.
The salary for this position is negotiable and will be decided during the interview process. The working hours are from 09:00 to 18:00 for SIA trainers and 10:00 to 17:00 for AET/PTLLS teachers.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or text the Training Manager at 07852250469 to apply for an immediate interview. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the security industry, develop your teaching skills, and positively impact the lives of learners.
If you are passionate about training and are seeking a fulfilling career in the security and education sector, we encourage you to take action today and apply for this position.
By joining BS Security, you can play a vital role in shaping the knowledge and skills of future security professionals.
Take advantage of this chance to make a difference and advance your career in a dynamic and supportive environment.
We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to the BS Security team.